According to several publications, Lisbon is one of the cities to visit in 2017, and among the features mentioned by all of them are Lisbon’s cultural and historical richness.
The Directorate General for Cultural Heritage, the organism in charge of museums and monuments, released the number of visitors all through the 1st trimester. As expected, the Museu Nacional dos Coches, just reopened, was the most visited museum of the 1st trimester, with an increase of 1,4%, followed by Museu Nacional de Arte Antiga, but the big surprises come from the Museu Nacional de
Arqueologia and the Museu Nacional dos Azulejos both presenting good results, with increases around 20%, as seen below on the top 5.
1. Museu Nacional dos Coches - 70.227 visitors
2. Museu Nacional de Arte Antiga - 47.089 visitors
3. Museu Nacional de Arte Contemporânea Chiado - 46.973 visitors
4. Museu Nacional de Arqueologia - 38.301 visitors
5. Museu Nacional do Azulejo - 33.568 visitors