On April 24th, Carris relaunched the Tram 24, in a route that connects Lisbon’s downtown with the Amoreiras/Campolide district.
The Tram 24 started working in 1905 and at the time it connected the Rossio Square and Campolide. In 1995 the route was suspended due to constructions in the city and has been stopped since then.
In 2015, an online petition was created in order to revive a route that connected the waterfront and the “7th hill”.
Finally, in 2011, the City’s Council approved the reactivation which had its debut on April 24th, 2018.
Climbing Rua Alecrim and Rua da Misericórdia until Igreja S. Roque, then through S. Pedro de Alcântara garden and Principe Real, along Rua da Escola Politécnica until Rato and Amoreiras, the Tram 24 is the perfect way to visit the 7th hill.